YAS School Policies
Yankalilla Area School has a commitment to an effective behaviour code. This ensures that we are learning, teaching and interacting in a safe, productive and success orientated environment.
All members of the school community are expected to help to provide a secure setting by:
Providing students with a safe and supportive learning environment which promotes self-esteem and self-respect and is free from all forms of harassment
Taking all measures to deal with issues of child protection.
Please note we are currently reviewing some of our policies. If a policy is not available on our website please contact Lori Turner at the school.
On this page you can access the following Yankalilla Area School policies:
- Behaviour Support Policy
- Cyber-Safety - Guidelines for Schools and Preschools
Mobile Phone Policy
Students must keep their mobile phones and other personal devices (such as smartwatches) off and away at school. This is in line with the department’s state-wide mobile phone policy.
This will help our students learn free from distraction and encourage more meaningful face-to-face time with peers.
We understand some students need access to their mobile phone.
There are no changes to existing arrangements for students with extenuating circumstances.
Exemptions may be approved by the principal for reasons such as:
- the student uses their device to monitor or manage a medical condition
- the device is an agreed adjustment for a student with disability or learning difficulties
- the device is used for translation by a student with English as an additional language or dialect (EALD)
- the student has extenuating personal circumstances and needs immediate access to their device, such as being the primary carer for younger siblings.
For further information on these polices or other school policies not listed please contact Lori Turner on (08) 8558 0888.
Complaint Management Policy
The Department for Education updated their Complaint Management Policy and Procedure as at 27 February 2020. The updated policy is available on HERE